Re: Ultra 10 max HDD capacity?

Hi Bruce,

The Ultra5 is a machine with a very strong and
somewhat unpredictable personality...

I tried a Hitachi 80G's and Maxtor 100G's on two
ultra5s (333 and 400 Mhz) and they were accepted
without any problem, both in Debian 3.01 and Aurora
1.92.

The machines refused a Seagate 40015. Maybe after
having tasted the 100G, they considered the 40er as
humiliating...

On the other hand, we can see regularly on ebay
ultra5s sold with 120G drives. This suggests that in
principle, there should be no problem..

Cheers,

Joseph