Re: SunFire v240

"Ashley Hooper" <Ashley.Hooper@FFastFill.com> writes:

> I'm trying to get at the Debian repos in the hope that a different
> kernel version will fix this problem.  After failing to get any form of
> networking happening with the onboard Broadcom 4-way interface, I've
> installed a Sun 'Happy Meal' 4-way NIC, and have noticed a very bizarre
> anomaly.

For what it's worth, the same setup on my v210 shows a consistent MAC
on the hme interface which is left there for historical reasons, using
kernel 2.6.12-1.  As far as I remember, the tg3 driver for the
Broadcoms was working with this kernel.  See the list archives (I
think) for what I reported about it, or otherwise the bug tracker, I
guess; sorry I can't find the archived message immediately.