Re: Messages on boot "couldn't get file descriptor referring to the console" & "INIT: Id 1 - 6 respawning too fast disable for 5 minutes"

On Monday 11 December 2006 05:28, John wrote:
> Both these messages occur on my headless and keyboardless Ultra1
> (router) . Its connected through serial port A to Minicom running on an
> old laptop.
> Q. How do I correct the boot process to stop this happening, please?

Comment out the following lines in /etc/inittab:
1:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty1
2:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty2
3:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty3
4:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty4
5:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty5
6:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty6

P.S. Next time, please don't put essential info for your question only in
the Subject of the mail. The subject is too long and error messages in a
subject are hard to read, especially if they are from multiple lines.