Re: Silo, Lilo, Grub and a new kernel

edit /boot/silo.conf and include it there or just try <TAB> at the silo
prompt

example:

root=/dev/sda2  # check the setting / dont change it :)
partition=1
default=Linux  # so always your standard kernel will be booted
read-only
timeout=50

#This is your 2.4.18
image=/vmlinuz  #symlink to your 2.4 kernel
        label=Linux
#here some initrd? i dont know

image=/vmlinuz-2.6.selfbuilt   #check the name
    label=Linux26
    initrd=/initrd.img268 # if you have a initrd under your homebuilt 2.6