Re: Silo, Lilo, Grub and a new kernel

Le mercredi 16 août 2006 10:27, Daniel Liikamaa a écrit :
> You can't run lilo on a sparc, silo is the sparc alternative, so to
> speak.
> And as for your question; you just relink vmlinuz to your new kernel and
> reboot. Silo works a little bit like grub, you don't have to reinstall
> the boot sector every time you upgrade your kernel.

Just to mention it, I've started a sparc64-ieee1275 grub 2 port. It's not
usable yet, sadly, and I haven't worked on it for some time.
For now I can just boot grub using netboot (it lacks a disk install
system), "use" grub 2 (module loading, command line, ...) and cannot boot any
OS (err... bootloader ? Ah, nevermind :) ).

If anyone want to contribute, you're welcome on #grub irc channel on freenode
(I'm sometimes there...).

--
Vincent Pelletier