Re: xorg lockup on ultra 5

On 2006-07-20, Robert Lemmen <robertle@semistable.com> wrote:

> ok, i read that thread and tried some other things (different kernel,
> no framebuffer etc), but with no luck. has anybody who had this problem
> found a way to work around it?

I had the same problem when upgrading from an older version of
testing to a more recent one on an ultra 10. I'm completely new
to Sun systems, so when my machine locked up I had a difficult
time getting it to boot again. I thought it was a major hardware
failure.

Anyway, I just re-installed testing using the netinst CD and it
seems to be fixed. I'm using the stock 2.6.15 kernel and have
the same or similar ATI graphics card. To test this I installed
the base system + x-window-system + twm.

To get the keyboard to work, I changed Option  XkbRules "sun"
to "xorg".

Regards,

Howard E.