Re: Xorg 7 on sparc64

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006, Ludovic Court�wrote:

Hello,

I just tried the brand new Xorg 7 packages on my U5 (it has an ATI 3D Rage
Pro 215GP board with 16 MB of RAM).  Basically, whether I use the ATI or FB
driver, the system hangs soon after Xorg started.

Hi Ludovic,

I have an Ultra5 with the same graphics card, and I was able to start xorg on it after some tweaking. Working /etc/X11/xorg.conf is attached.

By the way, I've started the XorgOnSparc wiki page [0], where everyone is welcome to document their experiences and share the configuration tips for various sparc boxes.

[0] http://wiki.debian.org/XorgOnSparc

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org
# /etc/X11/xorg.conf (xorg X Window System server configuration file)
#
# This file was generated by dexconf, the Debian X Configuration tool, using
# values from the debconf database.
#
# Edit this file with caution, and see the /etc/X11/xorg.conf manual page.
# (Type "man /etc/X11/xorg.conf" at the shell prompt.)
#
# This file is automatically updated on xserver-xorg package upgrades *only*
# if it has not been modified since the last upgrade of the xserver-xorg
# package.
#
# If you have edited this file but would like it to be automatically updated
# again, run the following command:
#   sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

Section "Files"
	FontPath	"/usr/share/fonts/X11/misc"
	FontPath	"/usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic"
	FontPath	"/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/:unscaled"
	FontPath	"/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/:unscaled"
	FontPath	"/usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1"
	FontPath	"/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi"
	FontPath	"/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi"
	# path to defoma fonts
	FontPath	"/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType"
EndSection

Section "Module"
	Load	"i2c"
	Load	"bitmap"
	Load	"ddc"
	Load	"dri"
	Load	"extmod"
	Load	"freetype"
	Load	"glx"
	Load	"int10"
	Load	"type1"
	Load	"vbe"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Generic Keyboard"
	Driver		"kbd"
	Option		"Protocol"	"standard"
	Option		"CoreKeyboard"
	Option		"XkbRules"	"sun(type5)"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Configured Mouse"
	Driver		"mouse"
	Option		"CorePointer"
	Option		"Device"		"/dev/input/mice"
	Option		"Protocol"		"ExplorerPS/2"
	Option		"Emulate3Buttons"	"true"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier	"ATI Technologies, Inc. 3D Rage Pro 215GP"
	Driver		"ati"
#	Option		"UseFBDev"		"true"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier	"Generic Monitor"
	Option		"DPMS"
	HorizSync	31-72
	VertRefresh	50-120
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier	"Default Screen"
	Device		"ATI Technologies, Inc. 3D Rage Pro 215GP"
	Monitor		"Generic Monitor"
	DefaultDepth	16
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth		1