Re: Unofficial CD featuring SILO 1.4.11 available

On Sunday 02 April 2006 04:03, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> I've built a businesscard CD, which uses SILO 1.4.11 to boot [0]. It is
> believed that the new version of SILO has some important bugfixes,
> which might solve the problems on newer machines, where the old SILO
> just fails [1].

The reason that this new version of silo is not yet in the archive is that
it has a regression. When I tested it on my Ultra 10, I noticed that it
did not respect the timeout setting I have in my silo.conf. It just kept
sitting there waiting for input.

Jurij said yesterday on IRC that with the CD he created silo did not
prompt for input at all, but just booted. That also is not correct
behavior.

I've sent a mail to Ben Collins about the first point, but there was no
reply yet.

Cheers,
Frans Pop