New partitions disappears after reboot on U5

Hi Folks !

The 20Gb disk of my SUN Ultra 5 machine with Debian unstable is
not completely used, so I run fdisk /dev/hda and p command
receiving:

Disk /dev/hda (Sun disk label): 16 heads, 63 sectors, 39535 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 1008 * 512 bytes

   Device Flag    Start       End    Blocks   Id  System
/dev/hda1             0      9688   4882752    1  Boot
/dev/hda3             0     39535  19925640    5  Whole disk

Then I create a third partition in this way:

Disk /dev/hda (Sun disk label): 16 heads, 63 sectors, 39535 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 1008 * 512 bytes

   Device Flag    Start       End    Blocks   Id  System
/dev/hda1             0      9688   4882752    1  Boot
/dev/hda2          9688     19376   4882752   83  Linux native
/dev/hda3             0     39535  19925640    5  Whole disk

N.B. I followed the reccomendation to set the type of the third
disk to 'Whole disk'.
Then I run w command to write onto the partition table and I
receive:
The partition table has been altered!

Calling ioctl() to re-read partition table.
Re-read table failed with error 16: Device or resource busy.
Reboot your system to ensure the partition table is updated.
Syncing disks.

I can format and mount my new partition, and put data on it.

But after the reboot, the new partition disappears!

Why all new partitions added manualy after Debian install time always disappear
after reboot ?

Thank you in advance.

Momo

HopHopHop