printer on parport

Hi all,

(I'm not subscribe this list, so please Cc me too)

I've UltraSparc Ultra5, with memory 128Mb, UltraSPARC-IIi 270MHz
with sarge (but kernel is 2.6.12-1-sparc64).

I recently connect a canon printer on parport and try to
use it.  But it seems it might be impossible to use a printer
connected to parport on UltraSparc/Sparc.

* Is there anyone who can use a printer connected to parport
on UltraSparc/Sparc ?

* dmesg shows me the following messeges;
kernel BUG at include/asm/parport.h:33!
              \|/ ____ \|/
              "@'/ .. \`@"
                 \__U_/
bash(2859): Kernel bad sw trap 5 [#1]

Does this mean one can't use a parport printer on UltraSparc/Sparc?

* Is there any chance to use a printer if one connect it
with usb port ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,			2006-3-12(Sun)
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>