RAID config option missing

Hi,

I'm trying to install Debian on a Sun Ultra 60 with 2 SCSI harddisks.  I
want to use software RAID on the discs.

Although I can see the config option in partitioning section for
configering RAID, I am not able to set partitions to type "Physical
volume for RAID" in the partition config (which is a pre-requisite to
the Configuring RAID step).  All the guides I can find tell me I really
need to be able to set this option to do the install (although they are
all x86 specific).

Does anyone know if this is just a bug in the installer, or is there a
good reason that this option is missing (ie RAID won't work on this
setup)?  Or do I need to do something different on sparc systems?

Thanks in advance,
Jim

--
Jim Farrand