Re: 2.6.16-rc2 sparc32 (and sparc64) kernel images available

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, Ludovic Court�wrote:

Hi,

Yesterday, 19 hours, 45 minutes, 7 seconds ago, Jurij Smakov wrote:
I've committed the changes to build sparc32 images to the experimental
branch of the svn and run a test build. The resulting images are available
for download at http://www.wooyd.org/debian/kernels/.

Great!  Would it be possible for you to build sparc32 SMP images as
well?  I'd be glad to test it.

I don't think it makes too much sense to build the SMP images at this point. The only person actively involved in making 2.6 SMP kernels work on sparc32 is Bob Breuer, and according to his recent post to sparc-linux list [0], it's not quite there yet. If you are seriously interested in testing SMP on sparc32, it is pretty simple to apply the patch mentioned in this message and build your own kernel (let me know if you'll need help with it).

[0] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-sparc&m=113822757706953&w=2

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org