Re: Kernel 2.6 Problem

Hello
This is a known problem due to a change in the linux kernel between 2.4 and 2.6 . I had he same problem and my ultra10 and I even started to fill a bug report when someone told me first to read the documentation :
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/sparc/release-notes/ch-installing.en.html
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/sparc/release-notes/ch-information.html
note that only the second URL explain how to fix the problem

Manu

Enrique Garcia Briones a écrit :

Hi,

I was trying to update the kernel version from 2.4 to kernel-image-2.6.8-2-
sparc64-smp, but, when I reboot the computer, I found that I lost console and keyboard.

Since the Sun I have is an 420 with a A1000 array with other sun in the same cabinet, we use a KVM for SUN, well, thinking that the KVM could be the problem I plug directry Monitor and keyboard to the 420 but the problem persists, and the only way I can connect is remotely (SSH), I don't know if there is a known bug for this, Could someone have a clue on what is going on and how to solve this problem?

I need the kernel 2.6 in order to configure raid-1 and raid-6 in my debian-
sparc box.

Thanks in advance.

Enrique

--