Re: SS20, netboot, and SCSI drive detection

On Saturday 07 January 2006 16:29, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> I'm having troubles with the netboot images on an SS20.  Basically,
> none of those that I've tried seem to detect at boot time the SCSI hard
> drive that's in the machine (a look at the output of `dmesg' makes me
> think so), although a `probe-scsi' at the OB prompt does show it.

During the installation hard disks are not necessarily detected at boot
time, but may be detected later during the different hardware detection
phases.

Some basic questions:
- is the scsi controller on pci or sbus
- if on pci, what is the output from 'lspci' and 'lspci -n'
- if on sbus, what is the output of prtconf
- what kernel driver module is needed for the scsi controller
- does the scsi disk get recognized if you modprobe that module manually