Re: installing adaptec aaccli ?

Martin wrote:
On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 01:13 +0100, Paul Cobbaut wrote:

Paul Cobbaut wrote:
<cut>
Is there a way to manage the raid5 disks ?
(without putting them in an intel computer)

I'm guessing that you are using the (hardware) RAID-5 mode on the SATA
controller rather than software RAID.

Yes.

<cut>
Beyond that you are into serious hacking.  Depending on how it talks to
the card you might be able to use Qemu to emulate an x86 enough or you
might be able to work out enough (run under x86 and strace?) to hack
together a quick replacement.  If all else fails you could reverse
engineer the control app and re-implement - I'd strongly recommend
looking at Boomerang ( http://boomerang.sf.net/ ) if you choose this
route; but I'm guessing this is several orders of magnitude more effort
than you wanted to go to.

Good guess!
I sent two e-mails to adaptec...not that i expect a cheerful reply...

At the moment it runs, the disk are new, so they should last a couple
of weeks, until i have time again :-/

cheers,
pol :)