Re: Please test pre-release 2.6.14-3 packages

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, boera@rdslink.ro wrote:

Tested today on a Sun Ultra 10. I've noticed 2 problems:
1) The first problem is connected with the parport_pc module.
cat some_file > /dev/lp0 locks up the machine. We can reset it with
STOP-A
Works if we recompile with FIFO DMA disabled.

I cannot reproduce it on Ultra 60. Anyway, since this is a parport-specific option, it is probably reasonable to just disable it for the next upload and look for a proper solution later.

2) bttv works now with the Jetway bt878 tv card but the machine locks
up completely after a few minutes. Keyboard doesn't respond, the
machine doesn't respond to ping. The only solution is a hard reset. Any
suggestion would be appreciated.

Sorry, can't really offer much. Do you see anything in the logs? 'modinfo bttv' shows quite a few debugging parameters, you can try enabling them and see if more information becomes available. Also there should be some upstream mailing list for development of this driver.

Thanks,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org