Re: Please test pre-release 2.6.14-3 packages

Jurij Smakov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have built the pre-release 2.6.14-3 packages from svn revision 4764 and
> uploaded them (linux-image packages only) to
>
> http://www.wooyd.org/debian/kernels/2.6/

Tested today on a Sun Ultra 10. I've noticed 2 problems:
1) The first problem is connected with the parport_pc module.
cat some_file > /dev/lp0 locks up the machine. We can reset it with
STOP-A
Works if we recompile with FIFO DMA disabled.
2) bttv works now with the Jetway bt878 tv card but the machine locks
up completely after a few minutes. Keyboard doesn't respond, the
machine doesn't respond to ping. The only solution is a hard reset. Any
suggestion would be appreciated.
Both problems are repeatable.

Best regards,
Attila