Re: Fwd: Re: PROM update with linux

Am Donnerstag, 10. November 2005 20:35 schrieb Hartwig Atrops:
> You can download Solaris for free.

Downloading Solaris10 is more complicated than installing it! I even have to
specify what I will use it for in a scheme that's hard to understand. I
canceled the procedere before ACKing a strange agreement.
It doesn't even tell me what's necessary for an absolute minimum installation.

Is Solaris 8 or 9 still available somewhere. The SUN site only mentions the
latest, greatest :-/
It would have the advantage of being usuable not only for the targeted Ultra60
but also for my old SS20.

HS