Re: always my sun blade 100

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Olivier BERT wrote:

Hi,

I am still trying to install linux on my sun blade 100.
As I already said, with the sarge netinst CD, my IDE devices are not detected because (I think) there is not the apropriate module built into the kernel.
How can I do ?
Is there any other CD for the installation ?
Can I build my own CD ?
Is there a CD with 2.6 kernel ?

Thanks

Hi,

This is a know problem. To work around it you either have to start the installation by netbooting or use the unofficial CD, which is know to work. Have a look at that page:

http://wiki.debian.net/?SparcInstallationNotes

for further details.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org