Re: Problem with network booting of an IPX

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005, Florian Heimgaertner wrote:

wolfdieter.schmidt@arcor.de wrote:
with sarge I just see Illegal instruction :-(
[...]
I could boot woody from the floppy, no problem so far, except
that I cannot update. There is always an error during the update
when replacing libc.

According to the release notes, sun4c is no longer supported in sarge.
But perhaps you could try this:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2005/05/msg00084.html

Hello,

I am currently building Sarge's version of glibc without optimizations, and will update http://www.wooyd.org/sun4c/ with it in a few hours, if nothing goes wrong. The old version which is currently there causes dependency problems in Sarge.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org