Re: Testers wanted for kernel/discover1

Jurij Smakov wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have a couple of pretty important bugfixes, which I would like to see
> tested as soon (and as much) as possible. Those are:
>
> * Modular IDE in kernel 2.4.27. That change potentially may affect all
> sparc machines with IDE controllers, so it would be nice if as many people
> as possible would give it a spin and confirm that nothing breaks. For
> information see my last message to the bug 298927 [0]. Thanks to Clint
> Adams who has already confirmed that it fixes his SB100.
>
> * discover1 fixes for machines with more than one sbus bus. It turns out
> that some machines (E-3xxx, E-4xxx, possibly others) have multiple sbus
> buses. discover1 only scans the first bus and so fails to load modules for
> hardware attached to other buses. There is a patch and updated packages
> available, if youhave access to one of such machines, please test them.
> More information is in bug 299274 [1].
>
> [0] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=298927&msg=10
> [1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=299074&msg=32
>
> Thanks and best regards,
>
> Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org
> Key: http://www.wooyd.org/pgpkey/                   KeyID: C99E03CC

Hi Jirji,

I'd be happy to test new Kernels, BUT neither do I have IDE nor more than
one SBUS in my Ultra 30 (250MHz, 384MB, Adaptec 2940W, Creator3D + Matrox
Millenium, Sound which does not yet work).

I could test some of the rest, so to say. As I am new to this, one needs to
give me a short intro where to find the new Kernels and how to report them
bugs, should there be any ;).

cheers
    Detlef