Re: Testers wanted for kernel/discover1

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 23:51:12 -0500 (EST)
Jurij Smakov <jurij@wooyd.org> wrote:

> * Modular IDE in kernel 2.4.27. That change potentially may affect all
> sparc machines with IDE controllers, so it would be nice if as many people
> as possible would give it a spin and confirm that nothing breaks. For
> information see my last message to the bug 298927 [0]. Thanks to Clint
> Adams who has already confirmed that it fixes his SB100.

That's great that you were able to make this work.  What was the
exact kernel config change you made to achieve this?  I ask because
I hate letting things like this go and just say "great it works now",
I'd like to sit down and try and figure out what the actual cause was.

Thanks Jurij.