Re: Problems with Xinerama using a Matrox Millenium / Creator 3D with an Ultra 30.

http://cvsweb.xfree86.org/cvsweb/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/bus/linuxPci.c
>> change 249
>> "249. Deal with Linux 2.6's PCI bus naming (Marc La France)."
>
> It looks promising.
>
>> But given that 4.4 won't be in Debian for licencing reasons and there is
>> a migration to X.org planned for post-sarge it does seem like quite a
>> reasonable approach to solving the problem.
>
> Right, and I'm more than happy to work on a careful backport
> of that patch.
>
> I'll try to find some time for that.

Thanks for this, I havnet had much time today but I implemented the hack as
laid out in http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2004/02/msg00013.html

Now lspci and scanpci do indeed show the same output again.
XFree86 -scanpci is still empty and X does not start in multihead mode:

   Fatal server error:
      Cannot run in framebuffer mode. Please specify busIDs
      for all framebuffer devices

But I specified them in the XF86Config-4 and each card is working fine in a
single screen layout with the data below.

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Creator3D"
        Driver          "sunffb"
        BusID           "SBUS:/SUNW,ffb@1e,0"
        Option          "UseFBDev"      "true"
        Option          "FBDev"         "/dev/fb0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Matrox Millenium"
        Driver          "fbdev"
        BusID           "0001:00:02.0"
        Option          "UseFBDev"      "true"
        Option          "FBDev"         "/dev/fb1"
EndSection