Re: Sun Blade 100 installation

Hi David,

I had most success with using only CD1 from the normal distribution and let
the installer copy the remainder via the network. That was using an Ultra
30 not a Blade 100 though.

For the garbled Keyboard, could it be you installed with Kernel 2.6 ? This
is kinda f'd because 2.6 translates the Sun Keyboard into a PC KB mapping.
I had to do the basic installation using 2.4 and before upgrading to 2.6 be
sure you can connect to the machine via the network so you can change the
Keyboard layout remotely. You will find a few postings to this in the
group.

hope this helps for you

regards
 Detlef