Re: d-i: creating RAID during installation

Hi all,

there are always solutions to do afterwards.... but this
is not the solution for the problem - it does not work during installation.

The problem still exists that during the installation (sarge)
the parted tool which is called shows not the posibility to create
linux auto raid partitions.

Going to the console and trying to use fdisk at this time does not
work because fdisk is not availible at this time - it is installed later.

Trying to do it manualy by goning to the console and using parted over
the commandline did also not work on my site.

I tried to pre - partition the disks using a woody install disk.
I wrote the disklables by using fdisk and then started over
with installing sarge.
The Installer (parted) did not recognize the auto raid partitions.

That's what i found out.

regards
Frank
http://www.monsun.info

Obando, David DE - EV wrote:

Dear @ll,

I'm trying to install Sarge on a Sun Enterprise 220R. I tried out several Mini-Isos (2.4 and 2.6).

I want to create a RAID-1 during installation but can't get it.
When partitioning the disks, I don't have the possibility to select "Linux Raid Autodetect", I only could choose between several FS and LVM.

The mdadm though requires "Linux Raid Autodetect"-partitions to create MDs.

Is this a bug?

I also tried to use parted on CLI to set the right FS type but this didn't work too!

Any suggestions?

Thanx,
David

*David Obando*