Re: d-i: creating RAID during installation

Title: d-i: creating RAID during installation
Hmmm...a suggestion... , I haven't created a raid-array with mdadm on sparc yet. But  I'm absolutly able to create a 'Linux Raid' partition with 'fdisk' on my Ultra  5 (Hex code 'fd'). i.e. If you can't install from scratch a md(evice), install Debian just as usual and create the md(evices) afterwards.

Regards,
Stefan

Obando, David DE - EV wrote:

Dear @ll,

I'm trying to install Sarge on a Sun Enterprise 220R. I tried out several Mini-Isos (2.4 and 2.6).

I want to create a RAID-1 during installation but can't get it.
When partitioning the disks, I don't have the possibility to select "Linux Raid Autodetect", I only could choose between several FS and LVM.

The mdadm though requires "Linux Raid Autodetect"-partitions to create MDs.

Is this a bug?

I also tried to use parted on CLI to set the right FS type but this didn't work too!

Any suggestions?

Thanx,
David

David Obando