On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, i close wrote:

Hello all,

I am new to :

a) This list.
b) Sun equipment.
c) Debian.

Oh great ;-)

Welcome to the club.

Downloaded debian-30r4-sparc-binary-1_NONUS.iso and burned it to a cd.
But it does not want to boot on my ultra 2 :-(

Can you give the exact URL from which you've downloaded the iso image? Did you check that md5 sum for the image matched? Note that even though 3.0r4 only appeared a couple of months ago, this it the Debian stable release, and contains software which is at least a couple of years old. If you want something more recent, please try one of the daily sarge (aka testing) installer images [0]. I recommend the netinst one, since it is capable of standalone install of the base Debian system.

[0] http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/daily/sparc/current/

Good luck,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org