Re: New 2.4.27-2 kernel and d-i images available for sparc - testers wanted

On Monday 28 February 2005 18:32, Kris N. Bodenheimer wrote:
> I have tried the sid 20050227 netinst image, at prioirty low, and it
> only gives me the option of kernel 2.4 and kernel 2.4.27-1.  Shouldn't
> it also indicate a 2.4.27-2 image?

No, this to be expected. As you are installing Sarge, the kernel to be
installed is taken from there and the -2 kernels have not yet propagated
from unstable. This is planned to happen this week.
(The kernel on the installation CD is taken from unstable.)

> Perhaps I am looking in the wrong
> spot, also, is there a way to fix the installer so that there is not
> the 2 minute delays between prompts?  The machine is pretty quick (dual
> hypersparc-150s with 384mb ram) so I think it's an installer issue.

Are you really seeing 2 minutes or are you exaggerating? (Exact timings
welcome.) Is it the same for all dialog changes or are some worse than
others.

Please follow up on this issue by filing an installation report [1]. This
will help us track the issue.

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/report-template

Cheers,
FJP