Re: sparc buildd issues [Re: Release candidate architecture requalification results; amd64 is RC]

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 13:04:50 EST, William Herrin writes:
>On a Sparc netra X1, the system partially freezes (some stuff continues
>running but at least one of the operations necessary to log in gets stuck).
>The logs show that as of the moment of the freeze, the clock has jumped
>forward exactly 3 days, 6 hours,
>11 minutes and 15 seconds. The change is not gradual; it jumps between
>syslog marks set a minute apart.

i'm pretty sure you've seen
<URL:http://sunsolve.sun.com/searchproxy/document.do?assetkey=1-26-49016-1>
where sun says "no workaround"...apparently it's a chip issue that needs
to be worked around in the kernel. bah.

az

--
+ Alexander Zangerl + DSA 42BD645D + (RSA 5B586291)
"Now that I think of it, O'Reilly is to a system administrator as a shoulder