Re: Can't boot an ultra 80 from any CD image

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005, Martin Morris wrote:

Hello,

I'm another person who can't boot off any of the CD images provided by the debian mirrors.
[..]
Caller[0000000000462460]
Caller[00000000004a8160]
Caller[000000000064c344]
Caller[000000000063e738]
Caller[00000000004180c4]
Caller[000000000041b3e8]
Caller[00000000004487f4]

To get any useful information out of this trace you need either to tell exactly what CD you were using, or decode the above Caller lines by looking at the corresponding /boot/System.map file on the CD and finding out what function these addresses belong to. I would also recommend to try the newer versions of the installer, like etch beta1 or the daily builds. They are based on the 2.6 kernel (I believe) and it might be that this bug is not present there.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org