RE: Question on boot-message

I suspect that it might be LOOP_GET_STATUS64

richm@shirehall:~$ grep -i 4c05 /usr/include/*/*.h
/usr/include/linux/loop.h:#define LOOP_GET_STATUS64     0x4C05

Note that the message only appears 50 times after kernel boot. After that it
will be throttled by the code in fs/compat.c. This may make confusing
behaviour if you are trying to confirm what is happening.

Another way to confirm which ioctl call it is is to run strace on the mount
command and try to match up the system calls with the code. I don't seem to
get the unknown cmd message on my box (may be throttling, different mount
options or different kernel version where the ioctl cmd was implemented)

Hope this helps

Richard