Re: PROM update with linux

Am Donnerstag, 10. November 2005 19:21 schrieb Ulrich Teichert:
> Network boot: In the release notes of the patch, this was listed as
> possible installation type. I can netboot almost anything here, from
> DECstations to SUNs and Alphas, but absolutely nothing worked.

Iw worked here. On a second maschine, I installed tftpd and rarpd and
filled /etc/ethers and renamed the flash file.
I also had to use a switch because a cross-over cable refused to work.

However, I have OBP-3.31 now but the modules from the Ultra80 still won't work
in my Ultra60 :-(
Does anyone have an explanation for this?

HS