RE: SparcStation 5 reinstall

Thanks,

I'll give the serial port a try.

-----Original Message-----
From: Romain Dolbeau [mailto:romain@dolbeau.org]
Sent: den 28 september 2005 16:48
To: debian-sparc@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: SparcStation 5 reinstall

Mats Hellman wrote:

> My problem is that I no longer have a monitor for it. So I was
wondering
> if anyone knows a way to get into the install system over SSH or if
it's
> possible to have it redo everything from within the existing
installation.

Your best bet is probably to unplug the keyboard/mouse, and use a
dumb terminal hooked to serial port A ; you can also use a common
null modem cable between serial port A and another machine serial
port running a terminal software such as minicom.

good luck,

--
Romain Dolbeau
<romain@dolbeau.org>