Re: Sun Blade 150 fails to install - magic incantation needed?

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 12:41:57AM -0700, Tyler wrote:
> I would suggest giving a Woody install a go... and then you can always
> do a dist-upgrade to sarge, minus the kernel if it still causes issues.
>
> Tyler.
>
> Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
>
> >Attempting to install Debian Sarge on a Sun Blade 150 which has a
> >current working Solaris 9 on it. Boot from CD works - SILO prompt
> >comes up, select linux

and so on ... :)

The problem is that this is the UltraSparc with USB keyboard and mouse
- it's only about three years old at most. If I use Woody, then the
chances are that that support was extremely bleeding edge when Woody
was released. I may just be one of the unlucky ones - but the number
of Sparc installs relative to Intel is small. The install manual seems
mainly based on an Intel-centric view, unfortunately :(

Andy