Re: Fwd: Re: D-I update for Sparc (daily builds)

> About the "Fast MMU Access" error:
>
> <beware because="these could be rumours">
>   What I understand for the problem is that the sysvinit source code
>   is fine, but for Sparc generates the compiler executable code that
>   uses registers that are not available in all Sparc CPUs.
> </beware>

Sounds like heavy rumor. The Fast MMU Access occurs well before init is
executed, if I recall correctly (by the time init is called, traps are in
place that would trigger kernel code in the case of this hw error).

Most of what I have heard is in relation to first-cd.b bootloader and
Ultra III's. Since I don't have an Ultra III, I can't do any testing.

--
Ubuntu     - http://www.ubuntu.com/
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/