Re: Debian CD won't boot on SunBlade2000

How do I set up a netboot? (I understand that I need to configure a server). Can I netboot from a non sparc machine, for instance, Debian on HP?

On 9/4/05, Jon Biddell <jon@mandrake.net.au> wrote:

> I am trying to install debian (3.01a) on a SynBlade2000 server.
> when I type at the OK prompt "boot cdrom" I get this anoying error:
> Fast Data Access MMU Miss.
> I googled this error, found out that it has to do with the boot
> loader, or somthing, but didn't find a solution. Dose any one how
> to fix this?

Welcome to my nightmare !!!

I have the same problem on a SunBlade 1000, and had to resort to a
netboot to get it working.

It's as known bug in the installer, but I don't believe there has
been a solution posted yet.

Jon