Re: Kernel won't compile

Was there a debian linux question in there somewhere? Possibly you sent this to the wrong list?

Regards,
Tyler.

Nancy Kazmierski wrote:

SO.. What I want to do is simply reinstall Solaris.. I have version 5.8 in house.. Because of a lack of CDROM I need to jump start from a remote server. I realize that the boxes must be on the same subnet (no problem).. The solaris box that has a CDROM is currently Solaris version 5.8. Here is what I did on the host with the CDROM. CDROM HOST# share -F nfs -o ro,anon=0 /cdrom/cdrom0/s0
   CDROM HOST# share -F nfs -o ro,anon=0 /cdrom/cdrom0/s1
   CDROM HOST# cd /cdrom/multi_icd_sol_8_204_sparc /s0
CDROM HOST# ./add_install_client -i 192.168.1.58 -e 0:3:ba:10:7d:79 -s gatescan2.pridemobility.com:/cdrom/cdrom0/s0 gatescan1.scranton.com sun4u However, when I boot the client server it seems to look for the host gatescan2.scranton.com but does not begin install.. It just tells me nothing to boot from.. Do you have any experience with remote Jump of Solaris.. Is it a problem because my client OS is not the same as the remote? I seem to remember reading that somewhere but I cannot confirm.. Any Ideas??
--
*Nancy Kazmierski*
*LAN Administrator*