Re: Net-booting a linux kernel on an Ultra 5

On 8/31/05, I wrote:

> I got the Ultra 5 so far to load the kernel via tftp and boot it. But
> now I'm stuck at a problem, I seem unable to solve. The kernel mounts
> the nfs root but then complains that it is unable to open an initial
> console:

Ok. Shame on me. Just after I wrote that mail I looked into the /dev
folder of the exported file system and saw it was empty. The server is
an x86 Debian system. Can someone give me a clue, how to create the
correct device files for a sparc /dev?

Regards,
Jim