Running on its side/front? (U1)

Perhaps a stupid question, but has anyone had any problems with running an ultra-1 with the case on its side (or front)?

There are some 'holes' in the case at the front of the Ultra-1s; I'm not sure whether these are for ventilation, but there are definite vents on either side. Also, not sure whether the internal drives are picky about the angle they run at! (reduced life?)

In fact, apart from the heat-flow design, sideways stacking seems rather useful, for easy access to cables, etc. OTOH, then you lose a 'shelf' ;)

OK, so I'm stretching it to fit debian in here ;)
(although they are running debian atm!)

Any tips greatly appreciated...its apparently not a common query based on the search results ;)

--
Neil