RE: SUN Enterprise 3000

Mailed this already to Frans. For others that are interested, here's a
copy:

Ok, the E3000 is running like a charm right now. Here's the recipe:

Setting up the RARP and TFTP server was a piece of cake; just follow the
books. I downloaded the netinstall image for kernel 2.6 and renamed it
to the uppercase hex IP number, NO architecture extension. Just the
plain number.

After 1 RARP timeout, it started loading the module through the ethernet
interface. I chose Dutch as installation language. The automatic
hardware detection reported No ethernet interface found. Had to select
the sunhme ("Happy Meal") interface manually. Then, after the DHCP fired
up, the system locked up. That was always the case when Dutch was
selected as language. After selecting English as language (and location
Netherlands), it came up with the hostname as defined in the DCHP
server.

When the installation continued, it reported that no partitionable media
were found. That had to be solved by Alt-F2, select a shell, and
modprobing esp and sd_mod. After that, the installation finished without
any problems.

Both lspci and lspci -n produce no output.
The following modules are loaded now:

Module                  Size  Used by
appletalk              40448  20
psnap                   4872  1 appletalk
llc                     9448  1 psnap
ipv6                  291576  17
isofs                  31496  0
sg                     39096  0
evdev                  11840  0
uhci_hcd               38192  0
ohci_hcd               21528  0
ehci_hcd               33304  0
ext3                  141472  2
jbd                    60784  1 ext3
sr_mod                 20196  0
sd_mod                 21312  4
ide_cd                 46552  0
cdrom                  44584  2 sr_mod,ide_cd
ide_disk               20880  0
ide_generic             1920  0
alim15x3               13592  0
cmd64x                 13752  0
cs5520                  7456  0
cs5530                  8096  0
cy82c693                5960  0
generic                 5760  0
ns87415                 5868  0
pdc202xx_new           12936  0
pdc202xx_old           18632  0
siimage                14720  0
trm290                  5570  0
via82cxxx              16176  0
sunhme                 31312  0
esp                    37344  3
scsi_mod               94200  4 sg,sr_mod,sd_mod,esp

Thanks for all the help.

Frank