Re: SUN Enterprise 3000

> Yes, I could. But that does not solve the problem. If the scsi drivers are
> not available within Debian, it is never going to recognize the disks - as
> is the case already. And will complain that there is no device to write
> to. So, any help is appreciated.

During netboot (don't know about cdrom boot), SCSI drivers are not
present in the loaded image, but are loaded afterward from the http
source (or ftp source, or whatever). This is the case for the extremely
common esp driver (used on almost all sun4c and sun4m machine, and some
sun4u).

Maybe the SCSI driver you need would also be available in this manner,
even if it's not present in the default kernel on cdrom.

--
Romain Dolbeau
<romain@dolbeau.org>