Re: How fast/useful is an E450?

In article <[🔎] 20050817211650.GG9320@A-Eskwadraat.nl> you write:
>Hi,
>
>(Note, I'm not subscribed, please Cc)
>
>How fast and useful is it to have a 4-way Sun E450 available as
>development box?
>
>Thanks,
>--Jeroen

It depends.  They came in a variety of speeds, I think 300Mhz to
450Mhz or so.  Faster than intel machines of same Mhz, and better
disk I/O than most PC class machines of the era.

Vore, the current sparc buildd, is a 300Mhz Ultra 30.

I was recently asked about providing a Sparc machine for a Debian
project.  I didn't have that fast of a machine to offer.

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html