Ultra1, printing via serial port?

Hi all,

I have am Ultra1 with sarge installed (kernel 2.4.27-2-sparc64). I want
to use it as a headless printserver. Although I compiled a custom kernel
with "CONFIG_PARPORT_SUNBPP=m" enabled  the parallel port doesn't work.
Doing a  "cat ~/.bashrc > /dev/lp0" results in an error message on the
printer's display.

Next I tried to print via the serial port, but without success. I guess
that the serial port is not setup correctly. So can someone tell me
please where I can find  information about configuring the serial port
of an Ultra1.

Thank you
Friedhelm