Re: hardware sensors

From: Dave Love <d.love@dl.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 13:41:39 +0100

> Are hardware sensors accessible on (any sort of) Ultras, and if so,
> how?  I tried lm-sensors on U5, B100 and V210 with no joy.

The bbc-envctrl driver supports the temperature and fan
sensors on the SunBlade1000 systems.

I am not aware of any usable sensors in the SunBlade100,
and definitely not in any previous models such as the U5.

The I2C bus on the SunBlade100 is mainly used for the smart
card reader device that sits right above the floppy drive.
Interestingly, the SunBlade100 does support cpu frequency
scaling for reduced power consumption, and the us2e_cpufreq
driver provides support for that under Linux.

I guess there must be a fan-speed and/or temperature sensor
hookup somewhere in the SunBlade100... but I have no idea
where.