Re: Between a rock & a hard place, need monolithic 2.4.2x kernel for sun4m

Eric Jorgensen <alhaz@xmission.com> wrote:

>    The real question is whether there are any sparc v8 cpus that don't
> support umul. If there aren't, we should fix the libc6 deb and alter the
> documentation.

My understanding of the V8 spec is that all integer multiplications are
mandatory for compliance. The presence of the multiplications is one of
the difference with V7, as stated in appendix G of the V8 manual.

--
Romain Dolbeau
<romain@dolbeau.org>