Re: Headless Ultra1, SSH and X11-forwarding

> But when I try to establish a secure
> X-connection via SSH
>
>         desktop>  ssh  -X -v  Ultra1-headless
>
> I always get the error message "Can't open Display".
>
> My question is, am I doing something wrong or is it impossible to
> establish a X-connection via SSH to a headless machine?  I would like to
> hear from you.
It can be done - in fact that's how this mail is being written.  Can you
post the values of X11DisplayOffset and X11Forwarding (also
X11UseLocalhost, XAuthLocation if they are set) in /etc/ssh/sshd_config
on the headless machine and ForwardX11 (and ForwardX11Trusted if set)
in /etc/ssh/ssh_config on the client.  Then check that the display
string set on the client machine works, ssh to the headless machine and
echo $DISPLAY.

Cheers,
 - Martin