Re: U30 netinst: can't boot kernel

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005, Giulio Sichel wrote:

I get the following errors while booting kernel with every netinst CD I've
downloaded:

Warning: unable to open an initial console.
Unimplemented SPARC system call 188
Unimplemented SPARC system call 188
Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!
Press L1-A to return to the boot prom

Any idea? The system is an Ultra 30 with Elite3D and Creator framebuffers.

Thank you

This is most likely due to a conflict between the video cards. Please check out the section "Support for UPA graphics cards on ultrasparc machines with onboard graphics" on the wiki page

http://wiki.debian.net/?PortsSparc

It contains a short description of the problem and a possible workaround (disabling one of the graphics cards in the prompt).

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org