Re: tg3 driver fails

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, Dave Love wrote:

(Someone could, perhaps, tell me where to get the relevant file and
what to do with it so that the Debian kernel can find it.  The 2.6
driver apparently wants `tg3/tso-1.4.0', but I can't see where that
comes from in the vanilla tarball.)

The original blocking issue for installation wasn't actually the
network card, and the current one isn't either.

Hi Dave,

I have built a sparc64 kernel package using the source package from the Debian kernel svn repository (revision 3426). It should contain a working tg3 driver module and, as DaveM pointed out, you might have better luck with it on your machine. You can grab it from

http://www.wooyd.org/debian/kernels/2.6/

Please report back your experiences with it.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org