SunBlade 1000 Installation

Hi gang,

Well, success at last - sort of - with the SunBlade 1000.

For some reason it refuses to boot from the Deb.Sparc installer CD,
yet Solaris boots fine as does Gentoo using the same version of SILO.
So a netboot from my tftp server worked.

The install seemed to stall several times over the night (I got up to
check on it every couple of hours), but that may largely be attributed
to our shitty 1.5Mb ADSL connection, so I'm not too fussed there.

Also it still installs the wrong scsi driver for the fibre channel
controller - it tries to use qlogicisp when the correct one is
qlogicfc.

The box has an Elite3D-m3 graphics card in it - not standard for this
box (came from an Ultra 80 I think), but the guy I bought it off
probably took the better Creative 3D card out - anyway, does anyone
know which xserver driver I should be using ?  I've tried vesa, vga
and fb to no effect.

Jon

(machine config: 900MHz UltraSparc-III, 2 x 73Gb FC drives, Elite3D-m3
graphics, usb kbd/mouse)