Re: Sarge Release Notes - Architecture specific news?

Chris Newport wrote:

I will try Sarge in the next few days and report back, but I suspect that I will need to upgrade to 2.4.29 or later.
AFAIK nobody has done any work on 2.6.x for Sun4d.

Sarge does not boot on Sun4d - this looks like a SILO issue, but I could be wrong. My SS1000E has never booted from a SILO CD correctly, but it does boot from a TILO tftpboot image for Splack and it does boot a Solaris CD.

Loaded kernel version 2.4.27
Data Access Exception
Type help for more information
<#0> ok